Terms and Conditions
Rent My Lake Cabin, LLC – Terms & ConditionsCheck-in/Check-out:
Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Check-out time is 9:00 am. Early arrival or late departure will not be permitted, as we need to properly clean and inspect the cabin. If check-out time is not observed, a late departure charge equaling the rate of one night’s stay will be applied to your credit card. There will be no refunds for delayed arrivals or early departures.
First payment of 50% of the charges will be taken on our online system via credit card at time of booking. The remaining balance will be charged via credit card 14 days prior to arrival, at which time tenant will be emailed directions to the cabin and lock box combination to access keys.
If alternate payment options are preferred, contact our office for arrangements. An email reminder will be sent out 20 days prior to your stay.
If you reserve a cabin within 4 weeks of arrival, we require payment in full at time of reservation.
Reservation will be secured when deposit is paid and a rental agreement is signed and returned to [email protected]
Advance Cancellation (60 days or more prior to arrival): Full refund of deposit, less booking fee and a
$75 cancellation fee.
Short Notice Cancellation (59 days or less prior to arrival): Loss of full advance payment.
In addition to a $49 non-refundable booking fee, a $200.00 security deposit is required. This deposit shall be charged to your credit card, and refunded after your stay, pending a satisfactory inspection of the property. Damages in excess of $200.00 will be charged to your card, after we notify you of the damages in question.
There is a $150.00 cleaning fee, of which $50.00 is refundable. That $50.00 will be refunded after departure if Tenant:
-Brings all sheets, pillowcases and provided towels to laundry room (where available), and starts one load in the washing machine.
-Loads and starts dishwasher (where available).
-Empties the refrigerator.
-Brings all trash to the dumpster/receptacle.
-Cleans the grill and grill utensils (where available).
Our cabins can be quite far apart, and this process allows us to clean and inspect the cabin in a timely manner, thus avoiding the need for setting a later arrival or earlier departure time.
Peak season rentals run from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and are one week rentals, from Friday to Friday. There is a 3 night minimum on off-peak stays, with no requirements on which nights of the week you stay. Contact us for off-peak two night stays, as an exception may be possible under certain circumstances.
- No rentals will be permitted to anyone under 21 years of age.
- Guests will be responsible for any damages or theft, damage above normal wear and tear, pet damage, and extra cleaning costs.
- The number of occupants shall not exceed the stated capacity of the house.
- Tents, campers and RV’s are not allowed.
- Events/Parties at the property are prohibited. This includes weddings, cocktail parties, receptions, welcoming events, family reunions, anniversaries and milestone birthday parties. Guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. Guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Guests may then be asked to immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 9PM Sunday through Thursday, and 10 PM Friday and Saturday, and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- All of our properties are NON-SMOKING. We ask that if you smoke, please smoke outside of the cabin and properly dispose of cigarette butts. Smoking indoors will result in violation of rental agreement and forfeiture of the security deposit.
- Fireworks are prohibited. Use of them will result in forfeiture of the security deposit.
- Pets: In homes that allow pets, the fee is $75 per pet, with a maximum of two pets. Parties found with pets in homes without prior approval will be charged a $200.00 cleaning fee and the pet will need to be removed if caught in a non pet-friendly home. Any pet damage will be charged back to credit card on file. All pet droppings must be removed from the cabin or yard, or a $50.00 fee will be charged. Pets must be leashed when outside.
- Kitchen is fully equipped for meals (pots, pans, plates, silverware, etc…) plus paper towels, dish soap, dish towels, dishwasher detergent (if applicable) and trash bags. There may not be a large selection of baking dishes or large mixing bowls.
- Bed linens are provided, including sheets, pillow and blankets, with one spare set available.
- Toiletries provided are limited to toilet paper, makeup remover and sink hand soap. Please bring your own bath and beach towels, soaps and shampoo.
- Internet, phone and TV services are provided at most of our properties. However, we cannot guarantee that these services will be available during your stay due to the remote nature of our properties and the time required to restore these services by the providers. Storms occasionally take out services due to winds, snow and fallen trees. We will do our best to re-establish services when they fail. However, we will not provide reimbursement for the lack of internet, TV, phone and cell service caused by weather or issues beyond our control.
- Firewood – At cabins that have a fire pit, pre-packaged bundles of firewood are available, at a cost of$7.00 per bundle. After you depart, we will count the number of bundles used and charge your credit card accordingly. You may bring your own firewood, but we strongly discourage bringing firewood from long distances or across state lines, so as not to transport invasive insects, fungus or disease. We recommend that you purchase your firewood locally. During dry spells, burning bans may prohibit camp fires entirely. Please check in advance.
- Grills: Some cabins will have grills available. Propane will be provided for gas grills, but you must bring your own charcoal for charcoal units. Please see cleaning deposit refund information about grill cleaning requirements.